- Before you start your first drone airplane, you need liability insurance for the drone
- If you want to use the drone for commercial purposes (for example, sales of photo or video material) you need liability insurance, which covers the commercial benefits
- Depending on the State you must apply for an extended permit for flying
- Check before each flight, if they have packed the whole drone Equipment: Copter, remote control, rotors, cable for remote control, batteries, memory card, monitor / Phone / Tablet
- Check whether the batteries are charged for drone, remote and mobile devices
- worries flying in winter that the batteries before the flight does not get too cold
- Set up a suitcase and special backpack to safely transport the drone
- Check before flight, if you can really fly on selected space, for example, on the map of Airmap or app MyFly Zone
- Get ready for the first flight in a safe place – familiar with the flight characteristics of the drone – about on a free field
- Calibrate the drone, for example, DJI drones, before each start
- Verify that all rotors are mounted securely
- Inspect the area that you want to fly, carefully and pay attention to possible obstacles such as cables, trees etc.
- Find a landing and take place on a firm base. The wind of the rotors swirling dust, leaves, pebbles and similar to
- Check before each flight, if a memory card is inserted
- Look before flying again, that there are no obstacles for the start on you
- Set and observing the landscape conditions the altitude for an emergency retrieval of the drone
- If you want to fly indoor, make the drone to the correct flight mode because there is no indoor GPS (at DJI drones which is for example setting A)
Rules and prohibitions
- Do not fly higher than 100 feet. In some states, the flight altitude is limited even on 40 meters
- The drone must always be in flight in sight
- A flight never people without their consent
- 21 films or photograph any strangers without their consent
- Keep the drone least 5 meters distance from people
- Never fly within 5 kilometers of airports
- Never fly near heliports
- Never fly on military area
- Do not fly over highways
- A flight no nature reserves
- Do not fly near power plants
- Do not fly near high-voltage lines
- Skim no foreign private land without permission
- Do not fly at night
- Do not fly in strong winds
- Do not fly in rain
- Do not fly in fog, as the moisture can damage the electronics of the drone
More rules and prohibitions: What you need to know the legal situation
Takeoff, flight and thereafter
- Familiarize yourself with the emergency functions such as the Return to Home of the drone
- If you lose visual contact with the drone, you must start the maneuver be return
- If you fly FPV (First Person View), a second person should be doing, which keeps the drone in the eye and warn if necessary before the risk can
- Always fly itself and not by means of an autopilot program
- Start and and you do not end the drone from / in the hand, unless you have previously trained extensively
- When flying on other airmen like birds, paragliders, etc. and keep sufficient distance
- Keep a distance from houses, trees, etc., since the transmission of the camera image sometimes lags behind a few moments
- Make sure that no children or pets are nearby if you want to land
- Drive before landing the landing gear from
- Bring before landing the camera in a horizontal position so that it is not damaged by about (f) lying objects
- Uber Check before packing that camera and Gimbel secured
- If the flight battery is not used for a long time, it is better to discharge to about 50 percent – so they last longer
- Transfer immediately after the flight all photos and videos from the memory card to the computer. So the next flight guaranteed sufficient space is available again
- If you take the drone in other countries, you become familiar with the country-specific flight commandments and prohibitions
- If you take the drone flyers, clarify beforehand whether they allowed the airline, drones in hand luggage
- To transport the plane you should pack each battery separately and cover the battery terminals, for example with tape
Flight preparation is important
Where am I going when such flying high?
What airspaces circumstances restrict me?
Where is the best position for a clear view and radio link?
I advise to choose their own position so that you can always detect approaching aircraft. Guideline are at least 1.5 kilometers of open view on one’s own aircraft also.
Caution: In case of bad weather or the sun is low and near buildings, trees and hills unobstructed view is often not given and therefore not recommended a flight.
In addition, drone pilots should familiarize yourself with the elevation data. This can easily be misunderstood. Without addition, all values are measured above sea level, at standard pressure and temperature.
For information on basic AGL (Above Ground Level) is complemented by the digits.
In principle, all information will be (ft, 1 ft about 30 centimeters) in feet made, unless another unit is explicitly stated.
In any case: Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) without a special permit may not exceed a maximum of 100 meters above ground level flying in Germany.
Only Planes and drones that are used within the framework of sport and recreational activity, weighing less than 5 kilograms and not use a combustion engine may fly higher.
The view of the aircraft must be possible without aids. In the small drones that attitude is not clearly possible only 250 meters.
In total there are the many rules. It is therefore advisable for membership in an association or regular exchanges with other pilots.